At this point it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how I'll be bringing in the new year. It's kinda been with the same circle of little people for the last 3-6 years...and a few different big people who care to join us sometimes.
So I thought I'd share some fun stuff families could do and maybe give you some ideas for your own way to bring in 2014. I'm hoping I'll get some responses to get even more! Feel free to add to my list!
- Play some of those board games you bought for Christmas. If there are enough kids and adults you can play all together or have separate games going on.
- Practice training your hand to write the date with 2014! Make the kids do it too. It's a good handwriting exercise. Make pretend checks or something...Kids love that stuff.
- Cook! You can find some fun dessert or dinner recipes and cook them together with your New Years crew...after all you have all night.
- Make some fun yummy drinks. Here's some links to good adult and non-alcoholic drinks. Adult New Years Drinks 5 Non-Alcoholic New Years Drinks
- Watch your favorite flick of the year! Maybe you enjoyed a lot of those zombie flicks, but please try not to watch movies that will scare the daylights out of your kids. Check out 2013 Family Movies for stuff the whole fam bam can enjoy!
- Arts and Crafts! Make your own party hats, noisemakers, family calendar/time capsule together. New Years Family Fun New Years Family Arts and Crafts New Years How To Guide
- Call a family member across the country through a video chat. Why not if there is a group of you together? Maybe your loved one has a group of people together too- hey, one big party!
- If you haven't taken down Christmas decorations yet, start doing that together. Make it fun by adding upbeat music and yummy hot drinks like cider or cocoa
- Come up with 1 or 2 realistic New Years resolutions individually and/or as a family! Post them somewhere where you can see-a vision board! How To Make A Vision Board
- After you put your kids to bed, have your own special New Years "fireworks" show in the master bedroom! Your on your own here! *wink wink* So how will you be bringing in the New Year? Share with us in the comments section!
One important FYI: BE SAFE! No excuses...
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer safe ride services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages motorists to pick a designated driver before they head out for any holiday celebrations. Plan ahead...See where you can get service. SAFE Driving Alternatives During New Year Holiday