- Loved and religiously used my Google calendar in conjunction with my iPad/iPhone. This is a beautiful thing! If you don't do this already and you have an iPhone/iPad/other smart device you may want to look into the possibilities. It's a great way to stay on task and not forget important things for your personal life as well as professional.
- I finally learned how to use Siri and make her work for me! Im still in the learning process and I can't say I'm like those fancy people in the iPhone commercials who make it look so dang easy, but I am really enjoying what Miss Siri can do (um...is it a man or woman? ...or computer that is not human at all? Hmmm.) You do have to make sure she knows you though because Siri will let you know what's up if you don't talk to her. As you can see I've decided Siri is a lady.
- I accepted that my kids have taken over the house in some capacity and devoted a space in our main living area for their stuff. This has given me some good opportunities to multitask while they are busy and safely doing their kid stuff in eye-shot rather than upstairs where I can't see them, but hear them fighting or giving each other sass, or...being the angels they are.
- I gave my computer a break. Sometimes you really need to do that because it is so easy to get consumed in cyber-world and that is really a time sucker in itself.
- I've been walking walking walking. I have been on walks with my family, friends (yeah I got a few), and co-workers and it's therapeutic, healthy, a great way to just spend family time, and just makes me feel good. I want to do even more with a particular movement called Girltrek. If you don't know about this, please take a moment to check it out. It's absolutely great and can be beneficial yourself and others who get involved in many ways!
- I played hooky with my hubby. Well, we both requested the same day off
from work in advance, but we didn't tell anyone when we were off...and together. It was important for us to do that and I highly recommend it. As a supervisor I must say please get an excused absence from work. The "hooky" part applies to everyone else who might otherwise take advantage of your time off from work in a way that you can't necessarily have that quality time you so desperately need.
- I spring cleaned my office at work. That just made a world of difference and has contributed to me being more productive as things are in their place.
- I cleaned out my closet at home. All I can say is WOW and you people out there who are anything like me when it comes to a closet full of clothes and shoes know the feeling of a clean organized closet. It's another world compared to how it is when your clothes are all there, but you can't find what you are looking for. It can be time consuming and frustrating just looking for it too; especially when you come up empty handed.
- I stopped being so fixated on being superwoman. I can't do it all so I do what I can. I admit I may have even spread myself too thin lately, but I refuse to let guilt get me cornered. I'm gonna do what I can do and take a step at a time.